We are seeking a Slitter Operator in the Atlanta, GA area.
Responsibilities of the Slitter Operator
- Observe production coil as it is being ran on machine and remove any visual defects. This would include the inspection of both sides of the strip for roll lines, roll nicks, poor flow, starve out, dirt lines and any other defects that are out of the ordinary.
- Measure and record all coils after each set up.
- Check accuracy of all setups after completion.
- Maintaining current safety policies and procedures.
- Perform Slitter setups.
- Complete schedule in time that has been allotted by maintaining set line speeds.
Requirements of the Slitter Operator
- Strong mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity required.
- Safe and effective machine operation, including monitoring and control of the equipment to maintain conformance to customer specifications and quality standards.
- Efficient operation of equipment to maximize yields and uptime.
- A thorough understanding of machine components and spooling equipment, with the ability to set up orders and troubleshoot problems when necessary.
- Ability to work with computer systems, i.e. Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, and related monitoring and control functions.
- Ability to process and maintain records, reports and paperwork for proper documentation including time sheets, inventory transactions and product labels.
- Previous manufacturing experience required.
- Previous slitter operating experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be mathematically advanced to a degree of multiplication and division of fractions and decimal system.