We are looking for an experienced Buyer to join a dynamic and growing team in the Greater Boston area that is dedicated to production of complex electromechanical testing equipment.
- Update and review supplier agreements to ensure best cost is achieved through long term planning
- Manage day to day supplier activities (MRBs, Purchase orders, incorrect Invoices, Expediting when necessary)
- Strategically source alternate suppliers for low performing or ineffective suppliers
- Analysis of parts that flow through as requisitions from planners evaluate and act as necessary
- Perform quarterly Business Reviews of key suppliers in conjunction with the quality department
- Ensure the system data is maintained and accurate on the parts the buyer is responsible (ex: order quantity, pricing, frequency of orders)
- Manage a lean inventory of the responsible parts without getting to a stock-out position
- BS with 5-7 years of experience
- Advanced experience with Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, sorting, arithmetic formulas)
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP, JDE, IFS, Microsoft Dynamics or similar)
- Experience with Kanban inventory and electronics or metals commodity is a must
- Experience in supply chain of several different products, companies, or industries.
- Domestic travel to suppliers, approx. 15%.