Sr R&D Technician
Sr R&D Technician
The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a medical device organization to identify a R&D Technician to join their team on a full time, direct hire basis. This organization recently received FDA approval. This is a startup team with tremendous growth initiatives and opportunity. The R&D Technician will work very closely with the engineering team to help build and develop the prototype equipment.
Job Summary of Sr R&D Technician:
The R&D Technician will build a medical device system, which consists of an electro-mechanical chassis, computer, display, and an electrical patient pad. This will require understanding assembly drawings, electrical schematics and manufacturing procedures. This will require using equipment such as soldering equipment, electrical test equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meter), vision systems and standard mechanical tools for assembly.
This is a startup med tech company that requires a technician who can recommend improvements to procedures and assembly methods. This person will need to be a self-starter who can work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
10% travel to help re-assemble the products on site with the clients.
Experience of Sr R&D Technician
- 5+ Years
- Medical Device required
- Electrical experience required
- Startup, small business experience preferred
Responsibilities of Sr R&D Technician
- Build fixtures, test setups and ancillary items to aide in any production activities
- Perm testing, mapping and additional activities to assure functionality
- Transfer production to outsourced vendors
- Develop and perform depot and repair procedures
- Support PCB design and assist in sourcing and design improvements
- Own the lab/production area