Sr. MFG Technician
Our client in Ayer, MA is seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Technician on 1st shift to join their growing team!
- Review / Approve drawings and specifications keeping manufacturability, function, safety, and cost justification as top priorities.
- Perform electrical and mechanical assembly installations in production units.
- Recommend electrical design of including specification of materials, parts, and equipment.
- Develop and document assembly processes/ instructions/ status reports for incoming production builds.
- Train Engineering, Field Service and Manufacturing Personnel.
- Direct outside contractors as required based on company safety and environmental policies.
- Assist Supervisor in the Master Schedule.
Education - Experience:
- Minimum 2 years technical degree or equivalent
- 5+ years industry experience
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work with equipment up to 480V.
- Basic technical skills and ability to operate pallet and fork trucks.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting electronic and mechanical assembly drawings and BOM’s.
- Capable of reading blueprints and other technical data sheets.
- Understanding of safety and environmental practices in an ISO 9001 environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and make oral presentations/ updates.
- Computer literate in spread sheets, word processing and internet.
- Act in accordance with BOM’s, assembly, modification or repair instructions, sketches, or verbal instructions.
- Take lead role in Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) activities with Supervisor, Manufacturing team and Engineering personnel.
- Make decisions on ISO, Safety, Quality and Environmental Control
- Ability to plan and meet production schedules.
- Initiate purchase of tools, manufacturing related equipment and safety supplies.