Our client in Concord, MA is looking for a first shift entry level Technician. This is a contract to hire opportunity and requires a drug and background check.
The primary responsibility of this entry level position is to service infrared pyrometers by inspecting, testing, and calibrating units to the specifications of each work order.
Responsibilities of Technician:
- Prepare the unit for system test by removing any mechanical accessories not required for the test.
- Complete a visual inspection of each unit.
- Using a windows based laptop and a volt meter, compete standard system test procedures.
- Complete documentation of test results.
- Using assembly drawings and service work order instructions, calibration each unit. Some repairs require will require the replacement of circuit boards.
- Re-assemble mechanical accessories and prepare unit for final inspection.
Requirements of Technician:
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Ability to communicate in English and work effectively as part of the production team
- Familiarity with electrical components, printed circuit boards, and assembly documentation
- An aptitude to work with soldering equipment, machine shop tools, and volt meters
- Experience working with windows based PC applications.
- An ability to multi-task and be flexible to adjust to changing priorities with the production schedule
- An ability to learn and apply new skills in order to learn all of the different technician tasks
- A commitment to quality work, meeting deadlines, and doing things right