Provide advanced level technical support in a production environment by performing assignments that are standardized or non-standardized involving a sequence of operations related to test, troubleshoot and repair of electromechanical products of significant variety and complexity.
- Work from specific drawings, sketches, schematics, technical manuals and explicit verbal or written instructions to construct assemblies.
- Following prescribed test procedures, apply knowledge obtained from formal education or work experience to use basic test equipment such as multimeters to troubleshoot, debug and make routine measurements on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies.
- Working independently, set up and/or use test equipment that requires interpretation of data, including oscilloscopes, signal generators and other specialized test equipment to test, align, calibrate, and troubleshoot to verify proper product function. Repair and replace defective parts and components as required.
- May perform assembly and repair duties as required. Soldering may be required.
- Conduct various tests or experiments of moderate complexity which may require modifications in test set?ups or procedures.
- Perform analysis of data to check and verify applicability, practicality, accuracy, and conformance to specifications.
- Extract and compile technical data from recognized sources with only general direction and present such data as required.
- Set?up and operate complex test and/or experimental equipment, record test data, process the data and present the data.
- Discuss technical problems encountered with Team Leader, a more senior level technician, or Engineering.
- Perform a variety of functional and operational tests while establishing procedures and data sheets for transitional programs or product improvements. Work with Manufacturing or QMO Engineers to smoothly transition new products and test procedures to manufacturing floor.
- Provide technical instructions to other team members and/or support personnel as necessary.
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement activities by recommending the most efficient processes/procedures for assigned duties.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Requires knowledge of the use of electronic theory and mathematics normally acquired by two years of advanced specialized instruction in electronics engineering technology or related field resulting in an Associate’s Degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience as well as 3 - 5 years of related work experience.
- Must be able to read and understand diagnostic data.
- Must possess some basic mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to solve complex problems without assistance from others.
- Strong technical communications skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other database software operations is required.
- Understanding of test software is desirable.
This position requires occasional physical activity including walking, standing, lifting up to 25 pounds (over 25 pounds with assistance
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.