We have an immediate opportunity for a self motivated person to join a forward thinking company as a Test Technician. The ideal individual will help continuously improve the process while producing a quality product. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and energetic team.
Responsibilities of the Test Technician:
- Use tools and equipment that are common to the HVAC Industry
- Use tools and equipment that are common to the Electrical industry
- Responsible for troubleshooting electrical and refrigeration systems.
- Maintain tools, parts, equipment and supplies in clean and safe condition
- Maintain detailed and organized records of test documentation and customer requirement documents.
- Improve, document and implement new test procedures and documentation
- Diagnoses, repairs and calibrates refrigeration and electrical systems on our environmental test chambers
- Installation and maintenance of environmental test chambers
- Usage of hand and power tools, refrigeration gauges and evacuators
Requirements of the Test Technician:
- Prior work on cascade refrigeration systems are preferred.
- EPA Refrigerant Certification is preferred.
- With limited supervision and quality work ethic, function as a member of a
- customer-driven team whose goal is to ensure that product quality requirements have been achieved.
- Able to work in a shop environment with a medium level noise and metal dust.
- 2+ years experience in a similar field is required.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to keep record of time spent on a work order.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and get along with others.