Our client, located in Ayer, MA is looking for a Test Technician to join their team on a contract to hire basis.
- Responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks associated with the testing and troubleshooting of products.
- Duties include, but are not limited to testing, calibration, and assembly of products working from test procedures and drawing details.
- Setup and complete component testing making adjustments, and/or repairs to meet product tolerances and specifications.
- Perform assembly, wire, and other functions prior, during, and after test operations.
- Responsible for final product quality and all documentation required for each job as well as using the ERP system to log time and complete transactions.
- Analyze test results, implement problem solving and/or develop specifications and procedures. Prepare and present reports and recommend solutions to technical problems.
- Responsible to complete all work within Manufacturing guidelines and work instructions for quality while demonstrating a high level of efficiency as measured by Manufacturing performance metrics (including quality, on-time delivery, completing work within budgeted time, etc.)
Electronic troubleshooting, especially with integrated hardware, software and firmware products, is a key requirement of this position.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read, understand and accurately follow Engineering Orders, Quality procedures, Test procedures, and operating instructions.
- Must have a good working knowledge of basic analog and digital components and circuitry.
- Must be able to correctly analyze and interpret drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, and specifications.
- Must be able to correctly document specific details of each test failure encountered, as well as document and update daily status of each assigned repair.
- Must be adept at utilization and operation of general electronic test equipment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
. Must have 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aerospace/AS9100 experience is preferred
Pay Rate: $22-27/HR