The Water Jet Operator is responsible for following standard operating procedures to ensure the safe operation of the Water Jet Cutter and the Ultrasonic Testing machine to cut and ultrasonically test our products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates the Water Jet Cutter and Ultrasonic Testing tank.
- Processes material through the Water Jet Cutter work cell as outlined by the production order, visually inspects each piece, and notifies the supervisor of any problems and/or material defects.
- Enters material movements in SAP, maintains production logs, and completes all associated quality control paperwork and lot traceability paperwork to assure product is clearly tested and identified.
- Operates equipment to cut up scrap for recycling.
- Performs troubleshooting and routine preventative maintenance tasks on production equipment.
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe and orderly condition on a daily basis by following 5S standard work practices.
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations and standard operating procedures to ensure personal safety and high product quality.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years industrial manufacturing.
- Experience using computer-controlled equipment and computer databases preferred.
- Requires the ability to follow standard operating procedures and prescribed safety rules in order to maintain high quality standards and safe working conditions.
- Requires mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, experience using measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, rulers, and tape measures, as well as basic math skills, including fractions and decimals.
- Expected to work as part of a team, to make good decisions, to anticipate production problems, and to resolve them with some assistance.
- Must adhere to strict environmental and safety rules and identify areas for improvement.