Description: SUMMARY This position is responsible for the complete material flow for a manufacturing value stream. Materials will be managed by Plan for Every Part so that inventory is controlled efficiently throughout the processes in the plant. Job consists of stocking cells and moving material for which the incumbent is responsible at the Managers direction. Necessary to the proper performance of the job is the ability to recognize and coordinate many different parts and packaging/stocking configurations.
Physical requirements include lifting medium and heavy weights up to 50 pounds for extended periods of time. Complies with all health safety and environmental policies procedures and job hazard assessments applicable to specified job activities including medical evaluations as required by job function.
- Maintains pre-determined quantities of materials needed at all work stations to ensure uninterrupted flow of work.
- Ensures scheduled orders are completed and special order components conform to schedule.
- Delivery of received materials to stocking locations.
- Anticipates and prepares materials for next shift to ensure smooth transition.
- Follows up on rush orders scheduling changes material shortages and other conditions affecting schedules.
- Cycle counting and all reconciliations.
- Locates misplaced or misdirected materials and sees that they are available for process.
- Kanban card movement scan for buy parts and place on receiving board move make parts to Kanban board.
- Active Team Member in the process of Plan for Every Part new products space location size and timing.
- Performs kitting function as required by cell.
- Assists team with lead time reduction and efficiencies via lean/pull systems.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and lead plant wide projects to improve processes and realize cost savings.
- Performs production line work as needed.
- Has the ability to perform within the team.
- No travel required
- Education High School education or equivalent required.
- Experience 2 - 5 years of experience in Manufacturing and Material Movement.
- One to Two years of SAP experience.
- Competencies Strong Communication skills required.
- Other Requires computer skills MS Excel.
- Must be able to read/write English and have basic math skills.