Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
- Perform complex welding tasks to support the assembly floor and the engineering department in product development activities.
- Detects and reports questionable conditions or defective materials to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required per the P. M. charts.
- Must be completely familiar with the welding machine and capable of making all of his/her own set-ups on production parts and prototype parts.
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following task: T. I. G. (Tungsten Inert Gas), weld a wide variety of metals such as stainless-steel grades 321, 316, 347, Inconel series 600, 700, Alumel, Chromel, Titanium, and Aluminum
- Able to fuse weld and add wire to produce sound weld joints on very thin wall components and butt weld very small diameter alumel and chromel wire.
- Requires excellent hand to eye coordination and close mental and visual attention.
- Required to assist or train other welders when the need arises.
- Must be able to weld joints on very thin wall components but weld very small diameter Alumel and Chromel wire.
- Must meet requirements for the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) roster
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 20 lbs.
- Participate in Training as required
- Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data
Education and Experience:
- High school or technical school education and 5 years factory related experience in a welding environment
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Employees may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Welders mask is required.
- Work performed in a shop environment.
- Exposed to any number of elements and with one continuously present to the extent of being objectionable, or with several elements present to the extent of being objectionable.