We are currently seeking an experienced Welder for our client in Duluth, GA. The Welder will be responsible for welding of carbon steel coupling assemblies and/or welding of carbon steel fittings with fillet or full penetration welds per requirements. Must certified for 1G and 6G (or pass certification within a few weeks of hire)
This is a temp to hire position and pays in the $15 to $18 hourly range. 1st and 2nd shift positions available
Responsibilities of the Welder:
- Perform all of the duties required of a level three Helper.
- Certify 6G.
- Fully assemble all standard carbon steel coupling types.
- Sequence the attachment of the closure plates, gussets and reinforcement required per the shop work order instructions.
- Weld the closure plates, gussets, and reinforcement required per the shop work order instructions.
Requirements of the Welder:
- Experience with MIG and TIG Welding
- The individual needs to have pipe welding experience – 4” diameter and up
- Must pass the 6G weld test within a couple of weeks (or assignment will end)