We're currently looking for an entry level Wiring Technician to apply wire connections to electrical and electronic components in sub-assembly or final assembly stage at a state of the art manufacturing facility in the Greater Atlanta Area. The ideal candidate will perform other tasks that are incidental to assembly and wiring functions of load banks and generators.
This is a 1st shift temporary to permanent role from 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM on Monday - Friday with OT available. Starting pay rate from $13.50 - 16.00/hr depending on experience.
Responsibilities of the Wiring Technician:
- Installs 6 gauge wire according to wiring strapping diagrams
- Able to use and read a tape measure
- Uses hand tools, crimpers, soldering irons, wire strippers, and other hand and power tools
- Reads wiring diagrams, blueprints, wire routing, and engineering specifications to determine lengths, types, routing, and gauge of wiring and cables to be installed
- Selects specified wires and cables, routes according to instructions, and fastens connections by bolting, screwing, soldering, or plugging, using wrenches, screwdrivers, soldering iron, and plugging gun.
- Wires, installs terminals, and marks wires
- May stand or sit for extended periods of time
Requirements of the Wiring Technician:
- 2+ years experience wiring control panels
- H.S Diploma or GED required
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Physical ability to work in awkward positions such as kneeling, bending, and overhead for extended periods
- Ability to operate various shop tools such as cordless drills and drivers, torque wrench, crimpers
- Ability to distinguish between different wire colors including blue, green, red and black
- Must be able to communicate (read, write and speak) the English language clearly
If you are looking to enhance your wiring skills and work with a great company that values their employees please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and to directly contact us please call 470-655-4802