Junior Buyer Job Opening located in Duluth
We are currently seeking a junior level buyer to work with a large manufacturing company located in Duluth, GA. This person will work with existing suppliers and vendors and participate in managing component/raw material inventory levels and finished goods inventory through performance monitoring and implement lead-time and cost reduction opportunities. This is a Contract to Perm opportunity.
- Issue purchase orders and track deliveries for materials and services required for manufacturing customer orders and regular plant operations.
- Participate in managing component/raw material inventory levels and finished goods inventory through performance monitoring and implement lead-time and cost reduction opportunities.
- Analyze reports to determine required quantities and delivery dates of materials/services and communicate requirements to suppliers.
- Submit Manufacturing Engineering RFQs to suppliers. Maintain database of supplier quotations.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of manufacturing consumables.
- Help ensure inventory accuracy with scheduled cycle counts/inventory audits.
- Work with suppliers to improve delivery and quality performance as needed. Maintain supplier scorecard to track on-time deliveries.
- Resolve discrepancies and problems with quality, delivery dates, quantities and invoicing of purchased goods and services.
- Arrange for expedites of materials and services when necessary by communicating with suppliers and logistics.
- Continually work to improve performance and material flow by identifying root causes of problems and finding solutions. Work with FEM/Lean Coordinator to improve processes.
- Identify and implement inventory reduction opportunities to improve annual inventory turns.
- Participate in annual facility-wide inventory of raw materials.
- Complete or help coordinate other related, supporting projects as assigned.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Good organizational and analytical problem-solving skills required
- Accurate and timely data entry capabilities.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiating.
- Must be goal and detail oriented, reliable, self-motivated and able to multi-task effectively.
Full Time: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Contract To Hire
Starting Pay: $21/hourly