HR Consultant IV
HR Consultant IV
Seeking an HR Consultant IV to join top software company based in Lowell, MA. This is a long-term contract position, with opportunity to move permanent. The individual will partner, advise and influence management team, through VP-level, on all aspects of people management and leadership.
The successful candidate will develop strong relationships with the HRBP team, key internal partners (legal, IT, etc.) and functional leaders to broker services to meet the needs of the organization to achieve amazing business results. The selected individual must be able to lead cultural change, challenge the status-quo and develop creative solutions to global business challenges.
- Responsible for providing advice and counsel to managers, employees, HRBPs and HR leaders regarding HR policies and best practices.
- Serve as the SME for the business and HR team on a broad range of employee relations issues including; performance management, investigations, terminations, harassment, discrimination, employee/customer complaints, labor relations, and other policy related issues.
- Conduct high profile investigations and provide accurate and timely response to concerns as well as expedient solutions to problems. Use internal resources (HR, Legal, Compliance, Global security, etc.) and consulting with management on appropriate outcomes. Provide recommendations based on findings and prepare though documentation.
- Analyze ER trends and help plan / develop new HR projects to support the business needs.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are executed consistently within the business unit and that appropriate legal and compliance processes are followed.
- Identify appropriate/effective resolutions to minimize legal exposure.
- Identify opportunities for the business to improve their people management skills (thru training, development, coaching, processes improvement, etc.)
- Follow & improve standardized procedures for investigations to ensure legal compliance as well as fair and efficient resolution of all Employee Relations matters.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of HR/Employee Relations
- Ability to respond rapidly and independently to requests, develop and implement creative solutions, and follow through to ensure resolution.
- Ability to listen effectively, to select and use appropriate communication methods and to effectively present ideas and information.
- Collaborative and customer-focused with ability to develop strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Expert in US EEO regulations and applicable state/federal employment laws
- Global HR experience is a plus.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and provide recommendations.
- Experience in the interpretation of people analytics is a plus.
- Comfortable to challenge the status quo with a passion to deliver results in a dynamic environment.
- Software industry experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, OD or related field or equivalent experience.