Seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist for Top Software Company based in the Waltham, MA area. This is a temp to hire opportunity, Mon-Fri 9am- 5pm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily payroll department operations
- Tracking and management of employee status changes
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Execute eTime time and attendance processing and interface with payroll
- Perform compliances for unclaimed property payroll checks as needed
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc)
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Process manual check and relocation metric’s
- Keeps detailed and organized payroll records
- Load import files received from HR
- Respond to employee inquires
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree required
- 3-5 years experience processing multi-state payroll.
- Experience with ADP WFN- v17, e-time. highly preferred
- Experience with Workday a plus
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel.