The Davis Companies is partnering with a leading laboratory equipment manufacturer in Chaska, MN who is looking for a Program Manager. This role is a key contributor to the Product Business Decision Team (PBDT) leading the success of the project. This role leads all phases of a Reagent development program for the Immunoassay medical device product line. The Program Manager is responsible for all aspects of the product development process from initial business case development, to transfer into sustaining operations.
Responsibilities of Program Manager:
- Make or facilitate project trade-off decisions within the boundaries of the approved project contracts.
- Manage budget, schedule, resource management, and performance of the program and achievement of QCD (Quality, Cost, Delivery) metrics for their programs.
- Be the communication focal point for the project to PBDT, Product Planning Group, and Management.
- Motivate by example, mentor and develop team members to assure common understanding of the process and project goals.
- Support the strategic direction for the Immunoassay product line, including intellectual property, regulatory, development, manufacturing, maintenance, and commercial support required to launch and achieve product line growth targets.
Requirements of Program Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in Life Science, Engineering, Medical device business management or related field with 9 plus years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 7 years of the same.
- MBA is a significant plus. Prior Reagent Development experience is preferred.
- Work experience includes 2-5 years in program or project management. Project management Professional (PMP) certification or similar certification is a plus.
- Strong motivational leadership skills and the ability to influence others without direct authority. ISO, NMPA and FDA regulated environment experience is recommended.
- Ability to travel is required (domestic and internationally) likely 20-30% of time