- Perform various routine laboratory functions in a precise and accurate fashion, to assist the laboratory professional staff and to facilitate production.
Functions may include:
- Sorting, and receiving specimens in the department;
- Performing routine instrument maintenance on some equipment;
- Performing laboratory tasks of centrifuging specimens, printing extra labels, recording data (temperature charts) specimen storage and retrieval;
- Preparing reagents and or media in the department;
- Preparing specimens at workstations for testing (including building worklists, aliquoting specimens into sample cups, checking specimens for clots and fibrin, inoculation, slide preparation);
- Performing QA/QC duties as assigned;
- Resolving pending lists;
- Finding missing samples;
- Decontaminating work areas;
- Performing weekly radioactive wipe tests;
- Maintaining files for department records;
- Changing gas cylinders;
- Following all PPE requirements and all safety regulations;
- Using the laboratory computer system as well as operating PCs;
- Disposing of bio-hazardous material;
- 0-6 months of lab experience.
- Standing for long periods of time.