DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leading Biomedical company to identify a Manufacturing Scientist to join their team!
We are seeking a dynamic, proactive Technical Operation Scientist to join our consumables center-of-excellence located in Carlsbad, CA. As a core member of our Technical Operations team you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to incorporate design changes for existing products and will support design transfers for new products. In addition, you will work closely with R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Procurement and Manufacturing counterparts in order to establish and maintain technical documentation in accordance to Company procedures and guidelines.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MANUFACTURING SCIENTIST:
- Plan and conduct independent work requiring root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and modification of manufacturing processes triggered by engineering change orders, non-conformances, or supplier change notifications in support of production.
- Complete assigned tasks related to design change processes and design transfers per Company procedures and guidelines.
- Lead and or participate in sophisticated risk assessments (PFMEA), verification and validation assessments to ensure the safe and environmentally sound start-up of new or revised processes.
- Confirm the accuracy of bills of material, item masters and other relevant product documentation.
- Write process validation protocols (IOPQ/TMV) and work with R&D, Manufacturing and Quality teams to complete and assure high confidence and successful results.
- Train manufacturing associates.
- Plan and conduct proof of concept experiments.
- Lead continuous and cost improvement activities.
SKILLS OF THE MANUFACTURING SCIENTIST:
- Ability to explain sophisticated information to others.
- Ability to seek sophisticated problems; take a fresh opinion using existing solutions.
- Experience in chemistry or consumables manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lead multi-functional sophisticated projects.
- Ability to think and execute efficient solutions to existing manufacturing processes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
MS Degree in Chemistry OR Chemical Engineering OR BS Chemistry