Medical Laboratory Technologist - Blood Donor Screening AFIA
Our client located in Norwood is looking for a Lab Technician with 2+ years of experience.
Position Summary: Processing and aliquoting samples in a serology laboratory in a fast-paced medical diagnostic laboratory. Perform Immunofluorescence Antibody Assays (IFA), blood film reading, red cell counting, and microscopy. Perform clinical laboratory testing within CAP/CLIA guidelines and adherence to Quality Management Systems. Demonstrate initiative and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Work schedule is Tuesday through Saturday 7-3:30, some flexibility in hours is required.
- Use a variety of scientific techniques in the laboratory, adhering to Good Laboratory Practices, and following SOP’s
- Prepare components for manufacturing for laboratory processing
- Aliquoting for IFA
- Will be required to handle blood-borne pathogens and general laboratory reagents
- Follows all company safety policies and other safety precautions within work area
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
- Undergraduate degree in a science-related field is required
- Previous laboratory experience preferred
- Must have Pipetting and Aliquoting experience
- Flexible, adaptable, and multi-task oriented
- Highly organized and have strong documentation skills
- Team player