The SPT I is responsible for general support functions within the Specimen Processing Department. This position requires a data entry background.
Functions performed may include but are not limited to:
- A-station, presort, pickup and delivery of processed specimens to the laboratory, imaging/microfilming, centrifugation and aliquoting.
- All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Job is complex and requires that employee have good organization skills and is able to learn and understand specimen types related to test(s) ordered by client.
- The SPT I must have to the ability learn and understand the compliance regulations related to test ordering which may change on a daily basis.
- This position is critical to quality for customer satisfaction.
- Additionally, since many changes do occur from day to day, great flexibility on the part of the SPT I is required.
- The SPT I will be exposed to many different demands made by the customer.
- Department is a production environment, with emphasis on productivity/quality standards and departmental completion times.
- Prior medical exp. Highly desirable.
Majority of SPT I work, on the night shift, but based on staffing needs weekends, holidays, on call and overtime is a requirement.