Are you a proven Materials Handler I with a desire to be a strong team player working in a Manufacturing environment
* Do you have a passion for supporting a fantastic team to help customers solve problems
* Are you looking to jump-start your career with a fast-growing company with a global presence
* Then you may have what we're looking for! The ideal Material Handler will receives and issue parts/components to/from the manufacturing operation. Properly identify material and is accountable for its accuracy in the stock locations. Ensure the availability of production material for the assigned programs. Inventories material from Receiving or that which may be returned from Production.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES
* Effective organization and prioritization skills.
* Effective interpersonal skills.
* Completes projects in a timely manner.
* Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment, and professionalism when representing the company.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Works well as an individual or on teams.
* Requires close supervision for completion of tasks.
* Able to work overtime as required.
* Demonstrate ability to work effectively with suppliers or customers.
* Understand and uses continuous improvement tools.
* Participate in a continuous improvement activity.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
MATERIALS HANDLER I for our Concord, CA location. Our client list reads like a Who s Who of Original Equipment Manufacturers requiring precision mechanical production capabilities including close-tolerance machining and electromechanical clean room assembly. Our product lines include equipment for the Semiconductor and Scientific Instrumentation markets.
* Pull parts from stock to build kits assigned by Production Control; issue and distribute the kits to the manufacturing operation.
* Fill and account for material requisitions submitted from Operations.
* Receive and place parts/components into stock from Receiving/Inspection.
* Assist in tracking and filling backorders as parts/components become available.
* Ensure the correct balances are maintained by the performance of Cycle Counts.
* Include Parts Prep area and inventory done in Value Add (Tape & Reel and Programming). What would really impress us:
* 2-year technical degree
* Experience in a manufacturing environment
* Exceptional communication skills
* Self-directed with ability to take initiative