We are Seeking a Material Handler in the Greater Atlanta area.
Responsibilities of the Material Handler:
- Aid with the manufacturing of product by means of picking and preparing materials for processing in a safe and efficient manner.
- Unload and store incoming materials in the appropriate inventory locations.
- Transfer materials from inventory to the manufacturing / processing areas using appropriate equipment and return unused materials.
- Assist the manufacturing employees with moving in process materials and finished goods.
- Maintain the inventory areas in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the incoming material inspection program, including traceability and country of origin procedures.
- Work with materials inspector to insure that all correct heat numbers and country of origin are kept legible on the material or other traceable means.
Requirements of the Material Handler:
- Experience in a steel fabrication manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate with basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows and software such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with ASTM specifications and the ability to read mill certificates and vendor MTRs.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good communication skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently and be self-motivated and detail oriented