We're currently looking to hire an experienced Material Handler to process shipments within a large Manufacturing facility in the Greater Atlanta area. The ideal candidate will be responsible for processing all spare parts outbound shipments and other items leaving the warehouse. This candidate will be in charge of loading all shipments into SAP, choose the most suitable carrier and contact the carriers if necessary to schedule merchandise pickups.
Responsibilities of Material Handler
- Responsible for receiving all incoming shipments from local and international vendors, for both, stock and non stock items.
- Load all Shipment in the database and generate shipping labels Complete every shipment by adding the shipping lable and shipping documents
- Contact specific Carriers to schedule pickups and create 3rd party pickups shipping labels
- Use the correct shipping account number for customer paid shipment and Generate Shipping Manifest for both UPS and FedEx
- Move shipments from the Shipping Stations to Docking Doors to be picked up by carriers
- Receive incoming materials and purchased finished goods in SAP, and report any non conformity (merchandise defects, miscount etc) Report any discrepancies in terms of incoming shipments (missing pieces, extra pieces, etc) to Warehouse Supervisor
Requirements of the Material Handler
- 2-3 years Warehouse experience
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift experience needed
- Mid-Level Microsoft Excel experience
- Experience with Lean and 5S is a plus
- Leadership and team lead capabilities