Our client located in Hopkinton, MA is looking for a first shift (8:00am - 5:00pm) Shipper/Receiver. This is contract to hire opportunity.
The shipping and receiving persons are responsible for the accurate and efficient movement of packages in and out of our warehouse. He/She is responsible for receiving in and shipping out packages in an accurate and timely fashion. They are also responsible fore maintaining a safe work environment in the warehouse and assuring that all product is place in its properly labeled location.
Responsibilities of the Shipper/Receiver:
- Receives and ships material per Procedure/Process Flow Charts and detailed work instructions
- Places returned goods on “Return” shelf after verifying that parts match paperwork
- Maintains shipping records
- Familiar/experienced with UPS standards
- Determines the placement of product in proper bin locations.
- Maintains the shipping and receiving areas in neat and orderly condition, ascertains that all equipment is kept in safe and efficient locations
- Assists in loading and unloading merchandise on vehicles. Advises management if shipment appears dangerous.
- Documents incoming and outbound materials and incidents
- Performs accurate daily cycle counts
- Performing other duties as requested by supervisor
- Responsible for complying with the KC Documented Quality System
Requirements of the Shipper/Receiver:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Be comfortable being on their feet for long periods of time and able to lift/carry 50lbs
- Proficient PC skills, including MS Outlook & Word
- Able to coordinate with trucking companies for freight pick up
- Able to communicate effectively with carriers regarding damaged shipments and proof of delivery issues.
- Able to use Process Flow Charts related to job description
- Able to understand and follow the KC quality system