Job Description: IAC’s Shipping and Logistics Specialist is responsible for managing logistics activities in a manner that meet business fulfillment requirements in parallel with the goal of transportation cost reduction. This position manages outbound domestic logistics for customers. The position is responsible for collecting and communicating all necessary information related to upcoming and ongoing shipments, projects, and services, as well as providing logistics support, consulting, and obtaining best possible transportation rates.
- Selects preferred carriers for inbound and outbound shipments, including common carriers, dedicated truck lines and air freight companies, and maintains constant review of the carrier’s performance.
- Advises Sales Specialists in routing shipments and records customer requested routings.
- Calculate quote requests for Manufacturing Sales Representatives within a 24 hour period.
- Assists Buyers in routing inbound shipments and works directly with shipping in regards to any carrier issues.
- Coordinates air bill preparation and order pick–up of air shipments.
- Traces shipments when necessary and expedites through proper channels and authorizes any additional service requested for delivery.
- Coordinates dedicated truck shipments, determining quantity of freight to maximize trailer space and timely scheduling of trucks for pick-up and delivery.
- Prepares monthly traffic reports covering outstanding freight claims, claims filed and resolved, and shipment/claim ratio. Prepares yearly traffic reports covering a review of all claims, reviews product damage, ration shipments to claims, third party shipments.
- Maintains awareness of industry news and legislation that may affect customer service, such as pending carrier strikes, carrier financial problems, legal requirements, expected rate/discount changes, etc.
- Demonstrate and promote IAC’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions
- Strong leadership skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Results oriented with focus on assertiveness and proactive approaches
- Considerable knowledge of logistics and supply chain operations and resources and legal concepts related to logistics activities such as freight claims, tax, and import/export.
- Knowledge of methods and criteria used to analyze and evaluate carrier performance.
- Excellent planning, organizing, directing, coordination skills as well as effectively controlling multiple projects.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time pressure and especially maintain focus and composure in stressful situations.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly articulate strategy and direction
- Computer skills (i.e. Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, PDF, PowerPoint, Sx.e or another Enterprise system)
- Collaborative coordination and time management with the ability to appropriately prioritize and manage competing tasks and projects.