We are immediately seeking shipping clerks in the Suwanee, GA area!!
Starting Pay: $13.00/hr-$14.00/hr
Shift Schedule: 8:00am-5:00pm (Monday-Friday)
Our client in Suwanee has a great TEMP-TO-PERM opportunity available!!
Job Summary: The Freight Shipping Clerk is responsible for shipping all freight weighing over 150 lbs and which may also measure over 108”. The Freight Shipping Clerk will be responsible primarily for the maintenance and good order of the shipping and receiving records and work area in which he/she is working. Responsible for the carrying out of those jobs and/or assignments set forth by the department manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for all inventory’s
- Verification, packaging, and prep of all outbound material
- Loading of outbound material into trucks
- Assisting Will Call Customers as needed
- Creating Bill of Ladings and confirming orders as needed
- General Warehouse responsibility (stocking shelves with product, preparing product for shipment by pulling product from shelves)
- Palletizing orders per Customer requests
- Pick order as needed
- Prepare all B.O.L’s for outside carriers (i.e. Fed Ex, Old Dominion, etc.) only as required
Additional job duties and responsibilities can be added at any time
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required:
- The warehouse Freight Shipping Clerk must be able to operate a stand-up forklift
- The warehouse Freight Shipping Clerk must be able to operate a standard forklift
- The Freight Shipping Clerks are required to be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- The Freight Shipping Clerk must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to bend and reach overhead
- The Freight Shipping Clerk must be able to work under deadline pressure
- Assures and confirms that orders are being shipped at 100% accuracy
- Experience using a hand held scanner
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience required: 1 year warehouse experience.
- Ability to read and write in English. Basic math skills.
- Customer Service skills a plus
If you or someone you know may be interested in this position and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: email@example.com.
Questions, or need more details on this role? You may contact us directly at: (470) 655-4807