Manual Lathe Machinist
Our client located in West Bridgewater, MA is looking for a Manual Lathe Machinist on a 1st shift basis.
- To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily and be able to conduct the following tasks with minimal supervision.
- Setup, operate, and run manual lathes used to process components, occasionally using stead rests and 4 jaw chucks.
- Work from process sheets, blueprints or other written/verbal instructions given by supervisor to perform production tasks.
- Maneuver large, awkward, or heavy parts manually or with a crane.
- Setup and read micrometers, indicators and calipers
- Maintain machine and work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Check and inspect operation against predetermined tolerances.
- Work in other areas or departments as assigned for lathe work.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a similar position.
- Must be able to work shift from 7:00am-3:30pm, overtime may be available at times.
- Requires average math skills, including ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions.
- Must be physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning components up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work scheduled hours and comply with the company’s timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- Must be able to consistently stand for entire 8-hour shift
- Knowledge of basic machining practices and materials is a plus, as well as general mechanical knowledge
- Ability to work in a team setting