Our client Columbia Tech in Wesboro MA is looking for a Quality Technician to join their team.
- Inspect complex electro-mechanical assemblies utilizing visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Perform a variety of inspections at various levels of assembly and manufacturing, including first article, in-process, and final inspections of complex electro-mechanical assemblies for conformance to specifications so to determine acceptance or rejection.
- Prepare required inspection documentation such as written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering specifications.
QUALIFICATIONS / BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Having and understanding of the inspector's role and relevance in meeting the company's quality policy and objectives.
- Working knowledge of IPC-A-620 workmanship std.
- Knowledge of inspection reporting.
- Understanding of how to identify non-conforming material properly.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency without compromising quality
- Strong attention to detail
- Min. 3+ yrs. working in the Electro-mechanical industry.
- Proficient working with assembly blueprints, bills of materials , etc.
- Proficient working with inspection tools: calipers, scales, micrometers, multi-meters, feeler gauges pin gauges.
- Strong knowledge of First Article Inspection process.
- Mechanical aptitude and mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of GD &T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance).
- Able to work with effectively little or no direct supervision.