Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Seeking an Accounting Clerk for a temp to hire opportunity in Westborough, MA. The Accounting Clerk is responsible for tracking receipts to ensure that an organization is being paid accordingly. This task includes verifying payment, posting payment, and resolving any discrepancies between debits and credits.
- Prepare bank deposit and apply cash receipts to customer accounts based on remittance advice.
- Post A/R adjustments to customer accounts.
- Issue credit/debit memos as required.
- Communicate with customers' accounts payable departments to determine payment status and resolve any differences in payment amounts as compared to invoiced amounts.
- Communicate with Project Managers as necessary to assist in problem resolution as it relates to outstanding receivables.
- Invoice all shipments to customer. Ensure completeness and accuracy of all shipments and miscellaneous billings.
- Notify Controller of any issues that cannot be resolved with customers' accounts payable departments.
- Enter new customer accounts subsequent to review and approval by the Controller.
- Perform customer file maintenance as necessary.
- Prepare and analyze selected general ledger account schedules on monthly basis.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Controller.
- College degree in accounting or related area preferred, but not required.
- 2-3 years of accounting or office experience, receivables preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel) required.
- MRP/ERP experience preferred.
- Strong communication (fluent English), customer service, and organizational skills.