Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Accounts Payable Manager
Our client in Boston, MA is looking for a temp AP Manager to start by the end of next week.
Some additional details:
- This person will be managing a team of 4 and will report to the Sr. Accounting Manager – absolutely need to have recent managerial experience (managing more than just 1 person)
- They will be working heavily with purchase orders- very high volume
- Absolutely need to be proficient/experienced with excel – pivot tables/VLOOKUP’s. Peoplesoft experience is a plus
- We process daily payments here- I know most companies process weekly payments, but we process daily payments
- Need to have 2+ years of recent managerial experience and 5+ years of AP experience
- Will work a bit with our merchandising team as well as our warehouse for any discrepancies
- Anyone with retail/inventory experience is huge plus/preferred
We’re looking for…
- The right person to play a key role in the department who possesses a high level of integrity, curiosity, strong discipline, and a high degree of accuracy.
What you’ll accomplish…
- First point of contact for the team to resolve issues as they arise. Ensures that the team provides timely, consistent and exceptional customer service to internal and external clients; assists team with correspondence (e.g. help draft email responses, provide talking points, etc.)
- Creates an environment that fosters team effectiveness and cooperation, professional growth, and unity. Challenges team members, and empowers them to resolve matters directly with vendors.
- Responsible for building weekly payments schedule and prioritizing high value vendors.
- Works with manager to plan daily payments and assists team when needed with payment timelines to vendors.
- Handles relationships with more complex and vocal vendors.
- Reconciles Factor statements on a bi-weekly basis and schedules payment via ACH and checks.
- Responsible for the department Pcard; including monitoring balances, authorizing charges and reconciling the statement at the end of the cycle.
- Responsible for working with the team on prepayment and aged receivables reconciliations.
- Ensures the timely and accurate Month End closing of Accounts Payable which includes reconciliations of A/P accounts and assists manager with quarterly AP/RNI clean-up.
- Monitors stale dated checks list to void any uncashed.
- Voids all returned ACHs in PSFT and updates analyst with new bank information as needed.
- Ability to perform vendor analysis, and support of corporate procurement functions. Reviews and monitors aged invoices and payment inaccuracies, following up to finalize the payment.
- Prepares reconciling items when needed, works closely with the GL team, and participates in the annual audit.
- Develops procedures to improve existing processes, suggests and implements processing efficiencies.
- Takes the lead on ad hoc projects as needed.
The Right Fit:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred
- 5+ years of dedicated accounts payable experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong ability to manage a team while completing multiple tasks within a high volume environment
- Knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Advanced Excel experience including Pivot Tables and Vlookups
Bonus points for…
If you’ve got everything going on above, you’re already a strong fit.
If you have the following too? You earn some extra credit from us.
- Being team-oriented and able to interact effectively and influence people at all levels and across all functions of the organization.
- Experience in an ERP accounting system such as PeopleSoft
- Accounts Payable experience in a retail, business to business or business to consumer environment preferred
ABOUT THE FINANCE TEAM:
Fun, dedicated, hard-working team who truly loves our impact on the company! We manage the operating expenses of the company and make impactful decisions on a daily basis. We work closely with every department across the company and regularly interact with senior management.
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Shipping & Receiving in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Branford CT
- Purchasing Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Maintenance Mechanic in Eagan MN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Electrical Controls Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Material Handler in Waltham MA
- Stockroom Attendant 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- System Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Inventory Clerk in Los Alamitos CA
- CNC Machinist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Sr Mechanical Engineer in Boston MA
- Customer Support Rep in Los Alamitos CA
- Applications Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Project Manager in Fairburn GA
- NDE Analyst in North Canton OH
- Test Technician-Quality Control in Buford GA
- Press Brake Operator-Night Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Sr Buyers - Medical in Merrimack NH
- Client Services Assistant in Oklahoma City OK
- Administrative Assistant in Norwood MA
- Specimen Technician I in Chantilly VA
- Quality Inspector in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator-Day Shift in Alpharetta GA
- CNC MACHINE OPERATOR – 2nd shift in Central Manchester CT
- Controls Engineer in Covington GA
- Inside Sales Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering Technician in Burnsville MN
- Optical Technician in Franklin MA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Material Handler (Production) 5-22-19 in Westborough MA
- Light Duty - Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Multi-Purpose Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Equipment Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Sutton MA
- Packaging technician in Sutton MA
- Process Engineer in Fall River MA
- Solderer Level 3 in Nashua NH
- Training Coordinator in Milford MA
- Lead Process and Quality Engineer in Leominster MA
- Process Engineer in Leominster MA
- Systems Tech in Beverly MA
- Specimen Technician I in Norwood MA
- Assembly Specialist II in Golden CO
- Field Service Technician in North Charleston SC
- Press Brake Operator in Suwanee GA
- CNC Maintenance Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Material Handler (Production) 5-15-19 in Westborough MA
- Brake Press Operator in Duluth GA
- Assembly Tech II 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- 1st Shift Shipper in Newton MA
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Office Support Assistant in Norwood MA
- Lab Assistant I in Memphis TN
- Packaging Assembly in Marlborough MA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- CNC Machinist in Boylston MA
- HR Generalist in Franklin MA
- Machine Operator in Suwanee GA
- Production Coordinator in Lynn MA
- Assembly Specialist II in Sharpsburg PA
- E&I Technician 1st & 2nd shift in South Brunswick NJ
- Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in South Brunswick NJ
- CNC Machinist (Weekend Days) in Milford MA
- QC Inspector in Needham Heights MA
- Lab Associate in Norwood MA
- HR Generalist in Ashland MA
- Quality Engineer in Branford CT
- Value Add Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Pressure Vessel Pre-Fabrication in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Engineer in Bloomington MN
- Reach-Lift Operator in Jefferson GA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- Quality Assurance Specialist in Marlborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Newnan GA
- Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- Development Engineering Tech I in Westborough MA
- Export Coordinator in Newton MA
- NDE Specialist in North Canton OH
- Customer Service in Northborough MA
- Shipper-Receiver in Northborough MA
- Customer Order Analyst in North Canton OH
- Test Technician in Acton MA
- Material Handler in Holliston MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Everett WA
- Test Engineer in Manchester NH
- Second Shift Maintenance Mechanic in Haverhill MA
- Manufacturing Process Specialist - Grinding in North Canton OH
- Field Machine Technician in Suwanee GA
- Electro-Mechanic Technician in Suwanee GA
- CNC Operator (All Shifts) in Ashland MA
- Process Engineer in Olive Branch MS
- Underwriter in Marlborough MA
- Production Supervisor - 2nd shift in Shrewsbury MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Shipper in Waltham MA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN