Billing and Authorization Specialist
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Billing and Authorization Specialist
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Title:Billing and Authorization Specialist
Well Funded Medical Device company Looking for a Prior Authorization Specialist to Join Their Team!
The Prior Authorization Specialist for Specialty Items is responsible for billing and insurance eligibility and authorizations for speciality medical devices. This position is the primary contact for insurance companies related to these items and has frequent patient interaction answering questions and explaining authorizations, insurance eligibility and billing.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Verify patient’s insurance and obtain authorizations for speciality medical devices.
- Act as primary contact for insurance companies related to high dollar drugs and infertility procedures.
- Answer phone calls regarding billing, authorizations, insurance, and referrals for speciality medical devices..
- Contact and process patient payments as needed.
- Communicate with and answer questions from patients, staff and physicians in person and over the phone relating to authorizations, insurance, referrals and billing inquiries with respect to speciality medical devices.
- Run daily/weekly reports for appointment efficiency.
- Interact effectively, continuously and with front office staff.
- Review and update demographics and patient information for accuracy.
- Additional tasks and duties as required.
All qualified candidates must have the following required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum one year of billing/authorization/eligibility experience in a health care organization.
- Familiar with insurance verification, authorization, and eligibility checks.
- Knowledge of billing practices.
- Familiar with health insurance policies.
- Ability to examine and enter billing/demographic information completely and accurately.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and regulations.
- Ability to answer questions effectively for patients, staff, and physicians both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to perform all tasks accurately, completely, and timely.
- Experience with data entry into EMR and practice management systems.
- Excellent computer skills.
Additionally, qualified candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Professional, calm demeanor.
- Patient and positive attitude.
- Excellent customer service skills both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to deal with difficult people.
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly, concisely and effectively both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
If you are interested please Apply Now!
- Production Assistant in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Multi-Craft Day Shift in Gainesville GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Customer Service Rep in Needham Heights MA
- Receptionist in Alpharetta GA
- Outside Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- NDT Level III Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Cumming GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- Mechanical Drafter in Brooklyn Park MN
- Solidworks Drafter in McBee SC
- IT Recruiter MA in Woburn MA
- Electrical Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler in Lindon UT
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pendergrass GA
- Customer Care Coordinator in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Financial Analyst in Milford MA
- Inventory Controller in Lebanon NH
- Shipper in Plymouth MA
- Sr. Assembly Technician in East Boston MA
- CAD designer in Hudson MA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Safety Engineer in Norcross GA
- Material Handler in Taunton MA
- Manufacturing Supply Chain Clerk in Doraville GA
- Shipping in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Packaging Engineer in Ayer MA
- Manufacturing Lab Technician in Norwood MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Engineering Intern in Memphis TN
- Order Processor in Duluth GA
- Planner in Duluth GA
- Depot Repair Technician in Duluth GA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Deployment Team in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Technical Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Controls Engineer in Vance AL
- Electrical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- HR Director in MA
- CNC Machinist in Contoocook NH
- Sr. Electrical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- 2nd shift ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Central Manchester CT
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate (seasonal) in Ashland MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Controls Tech in Gainesville GA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Buyer in Milford NH
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Bench Repair Technician in Cumming GA
- Welder - Sheet metal fabricator in N. Billerica MA
- Program Manager in Saint Petersburg FL
- electro-mechanical assemblers in Merrimack NH
- Standard Fabrication - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- EM Assembler in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Chelmsford MA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Packaging Supervisor in Lynn MA
- Technical Writer in Norwell MA
- Accountant in Loganville GA
- Assembly in Buford GA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Production Admin in Duluth GA
- Shift Supervisor in Duluth GA
- Maintenance Mechanic, Class A, 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Industrial Engineer in Loganville GA
- 2nd Shift Shipping Lead in Lynn MA
- Quality Engineer in Clinton MA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Bedford MA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Refrigeration Technician in Acton MA
- Electrical Technician in Milford MA
- Supplier Quality Technican in Milford MA
- Documentation Control Specialist in Maple Grove MN
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- Mechanical Assembler- 2nd Shift in Santa Fe Springs CA
- machinists- 2nd shift 3p-11 in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Programmer in Contoocook NH
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Lab Processing Clerk in Norwood MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Microdeburrer in Milford MA
- Assembly Specialist in Milford MA