Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Searching for a 3rd Party Medical Billing Specialist in Marlboro, MA on a 1st shift contract.
- Responsible for researching and handling all rejections, including understanding why a claim rejected, how to fix, and determining liability
- Effectively communicate with customers and insurers to assure accurate billing
- Initiate corrective actions including referral to the supervisor when appropriate
- Process adjustments for denials, contractual requirements, and credit balances
- Generate patient invoices
- Send electronic file for claims and print claims on a daily basis.
- Coordinate updates to billing database as needed
- Assist with special projects and general administrative duties
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
- HS Diploma required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience and knowledge and expertise of medical terminology third party billing is preferred
- Excellent data entry skills and attention to detail is paramount
- Must have proven organizational and excellent attention to detail skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Applications
- Data entry experience with billing third parties
- Proficient placing calls to clients or insurances for missing information
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team