Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Large Hospital in Greater Boston Looking for a Budget Analyst
They are an excellent hospital working together for the benefit of every person who comes to them for care. They build comprehensive quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, they strive to provide all of their patients with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
- Prepares, analyzes and communicates key financial information and provides support to management and other staff members regarding financial reporting and other related issues.
- Assists with budget preparation and financial planning processes and budget review for compliance and opportunities.
- Serves as consultant to all levels of management to provide decision support for initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Completes special projects and duties including providing necessary research, forecasting and conflict resolution.
- Prepares a wide variety of materials (e.g. annual budgets, financial statements, reports for management) for the purpose of documenting activities and issues, meeting compliance requirements, and/or providing supporting materials for requested actions.
- Assists in the collection and preparation of data from the appropriate sources, identifies any unusual trends or issues, and resolves problems or discrepancies as needed.
- Understands hospital statistical gathering and tracking of production for departmental productivity reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Two years Accounting or Finance experience in the Healthcare field. Related experience may offset the degree requirement.
- Ability to complete basic analytical, consultative and information support through analysis and report preparation.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Awareness of key performance indicators, cash flow analysis, product line analysis and proposal development.
- Proficiency in Excel, Meditech, Paragon and/or Hyperion preferred.