Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Seeking an experienced Commodity Analyst to join growing business based in Ashland, MA. The right candidate will have a background in supply chain, purchasing or commodity management and will help to create strategic partnerships and leverage the supply base to meet the company’s procurement requirements in terms of quality, delivery and cost. Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm, drug and background check required.
Area of Focus:
- Commodity Management
- New product development, cost reduction projects, value engineering, traditional savings
- Develop strategies to maintain a high level of supplier on-time delivery and drive key suppliers to supplier gold
- Implement sourcing strategies that support the business needs, such as cost reductions, supplier rationalizations, and multi-sourcing and lead time management.
- Lead a number of cost redutions projects
- Lead supplier development initiatives as needed with underperforming suppliers.
- Responsible for projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline within a cross functional group
- Makes significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline
- Works with minimal guidance on projects with short and long term focus
- Has a solid understanding of the fundamentals of supply chain including the discipline within the role—continuing to develop specialized knowledge
- Using quality assessmnet tools- RRCA, PPAP
- Responsible for specfiic cost saving metrics annually
- Bachelors degree in business, operations, supply chain, finance or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in commodity management a plus
- 3+ years in Supply Chain, Operations or Customer Service experience preferred
- Experience with specific commodities in the areas of castings/forgings, stamp parts, electronics preferred
- Experience with freight logistics and strategy
- Working in a fast paced work environment
- Familiar with sourcing with UL, FM agency certified projects.
- Strong Communication and Organizational Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working experience in ERP system (JDE and/or SAP)
- ACE Associate Certification or Six-Sigma experience