Financial Reporting Analyst
Financial Reporting Analyst
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Seeking an experienced Financial Reporting Analyst for a 5+ month contract role in Marlborough, MA with growing diagnostics/life science company.
The Financial Reporting Analyst will assist in the preparation and filing of quarterly, annual and ad hoc SEC documents, as well as the accuracy and completeness of financial information disclosed in press releases. Assist with the preparation of U.K. Companies House annual filings for consolidated and stand-alone entities in accordance with the requirements of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). They will be a subject matter expert on technical accounting topics and will assist in research, documentation and implementation related to SEC, U.S. GAAP and IFRS pronouncements and disclosures, such as the new guidance relating to leases.
The Financial Reporting Analyst will be responsible for the tracking and accounting for the Company’s equity programs and for various account reconciliations. They will also assist in the continual improvement of the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program, including documenting controls and making recommendations for improvements.
- Research and assist with the accounting and reporting for complex accounting transactions (e.g. acquisitions, financings, etc.)
- Manage the accounting and reporting requirements for the Company’s debt financing, including the timely issuance of periodic compliance certificates
- Manage the accounting and reporting requirements for the Company’s equity programs, including share-based compensation and earnings per share
- Assist in the preparation and review of the Company’s balance sheet, income statement, statement of shareholders equity, cash flow statement and Adjusted EBITDA reconciliation
- In conjunction with Legal and outside auditors, assist in the preparation of SEC filings, including Forms 8-K, 10-Q and 10-K, and registration statements and other filings, as needed, ensuring filings are accurate and complete
- Research new accounting pronouncements, assess and document their applicability to the Company and implement, as required
- Provide expert technical advice directly or indirectly to peers and colleagues
- Manage worldwide insurance programs
- Assist with corporate taxes
- Special projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Master’s degree a plus
- Current Certified Public Accountant license
- 3+ years public accounting and corporate experience
- Experience understanding, implementing and keeping current on technical accounting guidance
- Experience with audits of public life science companies preferred
- U.K. Companies House filings International experience would be a plus
- Experience with SOX would be a plus
- Strong documentation, communication, presentation and organizational skills