Busy Medical Billing Group seeks an experienced medical billing specialist with accounts receivable experience. Although this position will focus on accounts receivable; successful candidates will have experience which encompasses all aspects of billing; including demographic/insurance data entry, charge entry, payments, follow-up/appeals, and coding. Candidates must be sharp, detail-oriented, and demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Also, must be a fast-learner, able to multi-task, adapt well to change, and meet productivity expectations and deadlines.
- Follow-up and collections of outstanding insurance and patient balances
- Review and work electronic and paper denials, correspondence, and aging reports
- Identify & correct coding/billing errors
- Claims submission
- Assist patients with billing questions/payments
- Analyze & report denial trends
- Other duties (as needed): front desk calls overflow, office charges billing, payment posting, etc.
- Other billing/practice related projects (as assigned)
- Medical billing certification/medical billing and coding course completion required
- Coding certification or apprenticeship a plus – Great position to gain more coding experience!!
- 2 year minimum experience with medical billing, denials, and appeals
- Experience with aggressive follow-up of outstanding insurance claims
- Knowledge of federal and private insurance carrier regulations
- Experience with ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Proficient in PC use and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of EMR/EHR (Electronic Medical Records/Electronic Health Records)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Orthopaedic practice experience a plus
Apply Now! We are looking forward to hearing from you!