Medical Billing Specialist
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Medical Billing Specialist
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Title:Medical Billing Specialist
Our Client in Boston, MA is looking for a Medical Biller with at least 2 years of physician billing experience to join their team!
The Billing Specialist is responsible for billing and claims resolution for patients, private insurance companies, Medicaid and Medicare. He/she must effectively interact with multiple disciplines including management, financial clearance staff, nursing staff, physicians, commercial insurance carriers, government agencies, and have a high-level of expertise in understanding commercial and governmental insurance carrier rules and regulations, and the ability to manage ongoing change and think creatively.
- Corrects procedure and diagnosis coding on claims held by claim scrubber. Confirms diagnosis and procedures with nurses and physicians to ensure information is correct; adds correct modifiers as needed.
- Verifies that procedure charges are consistent with insurance guidelines to minimize claim denial.
- Attaches patient co-payment and any unpaid balance money received that could not be done automatically by practice management system.
- Responsible for monitoring open encounter list to ensure all encounters received are entered.
- Prepares and submits insurance claims.
- Sends all insurance verification denials to financial clearance team.
- Identifies liability and guarantors; reviews and adjusts account balances.
- Facilitates the interpretation of Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) and follows up as needed.
- Posts payments and adjustments not automatically processed by the practice management system; validates payments and adjustments automatically processed by practice management system.
- Works with athenaHealth employees to resolve claim issues identified via worklists.
- Assists in the collection of past due accounts by following up with insurance companies to learn the status of claims after initial athenaHealth follow-up. Also submits appeals on denied claims as required after initial athenaHealth follow-up.
- Maintains current knowledge of all CPT code changes and billing requirements.
- Attends billing meetings and training courses requested by Billing Manager.
- Maintains HIPAA compliance.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Required Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical procedures, CPT codes, ICD-10 coding.
- Knowledge of insurance company operating procedures and requirements for billing.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and office information.
- Must have the ability to recognize, evaluate, and correct errors.
- Must have the ability to work with other billing office employees / vendors to obtain necessary information.
- Must possess exceptional communication (verbal) skills.
- Must have skills and knowledge of computer, hardware and software. Must have the capability of working well independently as well as under direct supervision.
- Knowledge of athenaCollector is a plus.
- Must have experience working with HCFA 1500s and Medicaid form 5.
- Must have experience working with Medicaid, Medicare and Commercial Insurance.
- High school diploma and 2 years of physician office billing experience are required.
- Quality Engineer in Peterborough NH
- Internal Audit Analyst in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Embedded Software Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Sr. Hardware Engineer (2) in Alhambra CA
- FPGA Design Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Mechanical Designer in Marietta GA
- 5-axis CNC programmer in Manchester CT
- Customer Service Associate in Westford MA
- Civil Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Enterprise Sales Representative in Marlborough MA
- TIG Welder in Norcross GA
- Human Resources Generalist in Marlborough MA
- HR Generalist in Swedesboro NJ
- Assembly Tech in Alpharetta GA
- Hardware Insertion in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Part Time Receptionist in Lowell MA
- Sheet Metal Fabricator in Medway MA
- Warehouse Associate in Lexington MA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- Assembly Technician in Woburn MA
- Inventory Control Associate in Woburn MA
- Optical Engineer in MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Failure Analysis Engineering Aide in Lincoln RI
- Medical Lab Tech in Norwood MA
- CNC Operator in Norcross GA
- Fabricator-Welder in Norcross GA
- CMM-Mechanical Inspector (1st & 2nd shift) in Woburn MA
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Sr. Quality Engineer in Jasper GA
- 3rd Shift QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Engineering Manager in Bozeman MT
- Systems-Electrical Engineer in Exeter NH
- Principal Diagnostics Engineer in MA
- Receptionist-Sales Support in Bartlett TN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Solidworks Designer in Concord NH
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Salesforce Admin in Norcross GA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- CAD Designer in Duluth GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- PCB Assembler in Norcross GA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Bartlett TN
- Program Manager II in MA
- Warehouse Associate in Norwood MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Inspector in Franklin MA
- Finisher I in Memphis TN
- Industrial Controls Technician III in Olive Branch MS
- Administrative Assistant in Maple Grove MN
- Manual Lathe Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- 1st Shift Shipping Clerk in Manchester NH
- Tool & Die Maker in Atlanta GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- Project Manager in MA
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- SMT Operator - 1st Shift in Burnsville MN
- Senior CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Inspector in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- HR Specialist in Newton MA
- Equipment Installation Technician in Marlborough MA
- Plant Manager in Woburn MA
- Project Manager in Dacula GA
- Purchasing Agent in Dacula GA
- Lead CAD Drafter in Dacula GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- CNC Operator in West Deptford NJ
- Engineering Technicians in Andover MA
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Financial Assistant in Milford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Manufacturing Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- General Laborer in West Deptford NJ
- Senior Electrical Systems Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Maintenance Specialist in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Inspector II - RII in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA
- Marketing Communication Associate in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in North Charleston SC
- CAD Designer in Arlington TN
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembler (1st Shift) in Ashland MA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Altium Designer in Lawrenceville GA
- Endoscope Technician in Bartlett TN