Medical Billing Specialist
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Medical Billing Specialist
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Title:Medical Billing Specialist
Our Client in Boston, MA is looking for a Medical Biller with at least 2 years of physician billing experience to join their team!
The Billing Specialist is responsible for billing and claims resolution for patients, private insurance companies, Medicaid and Medicare. He/she must effectively interact with multiple disciplines including management, financial clearance staff, nursing staff, physicians, commercial insurance carriers, government agencies, and have a high-level of expertise in understanding commercial and governmental insurance carrier rules and regulations, and the ability to manage ongoing change and think creatively.
- Corrects procedure and diagnosis coding on claims held by claim scrubber. Confirms diagnosis and procedures with nurses and physicians to ensure information is correct; adds correct modifiers as needed.
- Verifies that procedure charges are consistent with insurance guidelines to minimize claim denial.
- Attaches patient co-payment and any unpaid balance money received that could not be done automatically by practice management system.
- Responsible for monitoring open encounter list to ensure all encounters received are entered.
- Prepares and submits insurance claims.
- Sends all insurance verification denials to financial clearance team.
- Identifies liability and guarantors; reviews and adjusts account balances.
- Facilitates the interpretation of Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) and follows up as needed.
- Posts payments and adjustments not automatically processed by the practice management system; validates payments and adjustments automatically processed by practice management system.
- Works with athenaHealth employees to resolve claim issues identified via worklists.
- Assists in the collection of past due accounts by following up with insurance companies to learn the status of claims after initial athenaHealth follow-up. Also submits appeals on denied claims as required after initial athenaHealth follow-up.
- Maintains current knowledge of all CPT code changes and billing requirements.
- Attends billing meetings and training courses requested by Billing Manager.
- Maintains HIPAA compliance.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Required Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical procedures, CPT codes, ICD-10 coding.
- Knowledge of insurance company operating procedures and requirements for billing.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and office information.
- Must have the ability to recognize, evaluate, and correct errors.
- Must have the ability to work with other billing office employees / vendors to obtain necessary information.
- Must possess exceptional communication (verbal) skills.
- Must have skills and knowledge of computer, hardware and software. Must have the capability of working well independently as well as under direct supervision.
- Knowledge of athenaCollector is a plus.
- Must have experience working with HCFA 1500s and Medicaid form 5.
- Must have experience working with Medicaid, Medicare and Commercial Insurance.
- High school diploma and 2 years of physician office billing experience are required.
- Assembler III in Hudson NH
- Jr. Program Manager in Hudson NH
- Electrical Tester in Brooklyn Park MN
- Payroll Administrator in Merrimack NH
- Sr Buyer in Bloomington MN
- Manufacturing Test Engineer in Huntsville AL
- Controls Engineer in Newnan GA
- Purchaser in Duluth GA
- Quality Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Test Tech in Acton MA
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- CNC Machinist in Middleboro MA
- CAD Designer in McBee SC
- Industrial Engineer in McBee SC
- Helper in Doraville GA
- Warehouse Associate - 1st Shift in Shrewsbury MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Design -Drafter in Concord NH
- buyer -Planner in Central Manchester CT
- Quality Assurance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Marketing Program Manager III in Lowell MA
- Press Brake Operator in Acton MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Welder in Acton MA
- Assembler in Derry NH
- Manufacturing Project Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Forklift - Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Middleboro MA
- Stock Prep Position in Middleboro MA
- Assembler (1st Shift) in Middleboro MA
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer - Hard Turning in North Canton OH
- Quality Assurance Inspector in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Associate Service Consultant in Memphis TN
- Quality Tech in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist in Milford MA
- Service Tech - Installer in Suwanee GA
- Timing Belt Fabrication 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Maintenance Technician in Hickory NC
- SMT Machine Operator in Milford NH
- Buyer-Planner in Merrimack NH
- Facilities Maintenance Mechanic in Billerica MA
- Mechanical Inspector III in Waltham MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Chaska MN
- Maintenance Manager in Atlanta GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Production Assistant in Brooklyn Park MN
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Manufacturing Supervisor-Machining in Wilmington MA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Laboratory Assistant 1 in Memphis TN
- Medical Device Assembler in Minneapolis MN
- Expeditor in Lawrenceville GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- CNC Lathe Machinist in Boylston MA
- Client Support Clerk - Temporary in Memphis TN
- Embedded Engineer in Watertown MA
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Customer Reception and Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- Lab Technician in Suwanee GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Brooklyn Park MN
- Document Control Specialist in Worcester MA
- Warehouse Lead 3rd Shift in Worcester MA
- Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- Desktop Support in Suwanee GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- DMR Coordinator in Westborough MA
- Shipping and Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Test Operator in Westboro MA
- Warehouse - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Configuration Analyst in Framingham MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer in North Canton OH
- Material Handler in Westborough MA
- Electro - Mechanical Assembler in Maple Grove MN
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Inspection Technician in Wilmington MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in Marlborough MA
- Talent Acquisition Manager in Marlborough MA
- Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Technician in Gainesville GA
- Stockroom Attendant in Gainesville GA
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate in Ashland MA
- Electrical Engineer in Ashland MA
- Inventory Control in Duluth GA
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Chaska MN
- Manufacturing Tech (Entry Level- Skilled) in Ayer MA
- Office Manager in Huntsville AL
- Maintenance Technician in Lithonia GA