Order Entry and Billing Specialist
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Are you looking to make the move to a new opportunity in the Greater Boston Area at a Rapidly Expanding IT Start Up Company? This IT company is seeking a talented and highly-motivated individual to serve as their Billing Specialist. This role’s primary responsibility is to generate error-free sales revenue and, through proactive and responsive order processing and accounts receivable management, generate goodwill for the company’s prospective clients and active customers around the world. This role will be experienced in invoicing, highly analytical, customer-service driven and comfortable with hosting information technology. An individual with exceptional talents in these areas, who wants to take ownership of client billing and who can remain effective in a company with rapid customer acquisition will really excel at this company.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
- Work with the Revenue Accounting team to ensure proper and timely recording of revenue.
- Vetting prospective and new customer orders for legitimacy
- Delivering outstanding customer service via daily live chat, support tickets, and telephone interactions
- Exploring anomalies relating to individual clients at a detailed level to expose and correct problem
- Managing billing subscription changes in the billing platform and routinely reconciling customer invoice line items against other systems
- Processing bill runs by monitoring billing output from the system
- Extrapolating, compiling, and analyzing customers historical and projected billing data trends at a macro level and in multiple currencies
- Enter in the monthly/quarterly billing and alerts to backlog activities.
- Accountable for invoicing, billing adjustments, credit memos, and customer reports.
- Research and resolve customer billing inquiries.
- Collaborate and support the Sales team to implement improvement process.
- 5 + years increasingly responsible customer service experience
- Four-year college degree (preferred)
- Able to multi-task and resolve multiple inquiries at once and in order of priority
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet routine financial deadlines
- Analytical, self-motivated, detail-oriented, resourceful and organized
- Previous customer service experience, order processing with technical industry experience preferred
- Proven ability to process a high volume of orders accurately and efficiently
- Excellent data entry skills, including experience with Excel
- Experience with Salesforce/NetSuite ERP systems is a plus