Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Seeking an experienced Payroll Analyst for an open position in the Andover, MA area. This is a one year contract position with possibility to extend. Drug and background screen required.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Analyst ensures that computing, withholding, or deductions associated with net pay is done properly. This individual must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Additionally, performs a variety of tasks.
- Generates weekly payrolls and perform required audits to ensure accurate payroll
- Collects and audits hours submitted and uploaded into the automated payroll on a weekly basis.
- Maintains the UET (Ultipro Employee Timesheet) database
- Prepares weekly payroll entries, and posts to the general ledger
- Assists with the calculation of commissions, accruals, retro payments, PTO adjustments, etc.
- Supports SOX compliance and the Company’s policies and procedures
- Maintains accurate HR and payroll data via HRIS system and hardcopy files
- Prepares and distributes required payroll reports
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage, hour, and tax laws
- Responds to day-to-day payroll questions
- Works cohesively and closely with HR for all personnel payroll-related items
- Other assignments or special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent highly preferred
- 5-10 years of related payroll experience required
- Prior experience with Ultipro or similar automated payroll system required
- Prior experience with third-party payroll services and web-based products required
- Experience with ERP systems (Oracle preferred) a plus
- Strong technical skills including Word, Excel and report-writing experience
- Solid analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Motivated self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well while balancing multiple priorities and deadlines