Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Plant Controller - Direct Position
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements, reports and schedules according to ARM Group’s closing schedule;
- Manage all accounting operations and supervise the accurate processing of payroll;
- Facilitate, complete and coordinate monthly close procedures, including monthly account reconciliations and analysis, accrual calculations, CAPEX analysis, inter-company reconciliation;
- Analyze revenues and direct, indirect costs and SGA expenses and report on variances;
- Work with the Finance Director of Americas to ensure a clean and timely year-end financial audit and assist with tax audits;
- Work together with the Company’s tax advisor to manage & comply with local, state & federal government reporting requirements & tax filings; Monitor, develop and implement conformity with and abide by all regulatory guidance and group internal policies & procedures;
- Coordinate, resolve and improve various issues with banks;
- Prepare and monitor the credit control process,
- Forecast cash flow positions;
- Provide critical view on the level of expenses incurred by the Company and gives advice on expenses captions that are outlyers and require attention;
- Monitors actuals versus budgeted results and addresses concerns with area responsibles;
- Maintain, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting systems and group & local policies in order to secure control procedures.;
- Actively participate in the upgrade of the ERP used by the company (AX Dynamics).
- Oversees the payroll data input. Uses automated payroll system to produce accurate and timely payroll.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management and external audits (e.g. annual workers compensation audit)
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Stays current on payroll systems to maximize operational efficiencies and achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related processes to ensure effective accounting support.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Must have an Accounting degree and at least 7 to 10 years of experience
- MBA or CPA certification is a plus
- Having a thorough understanding of GAAP
- Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles
- Knowledge of federal and state wage and hour las and requirements
- Hyperion and AX experience is a plus
- Automated payroll systems experience; Paycor a plus
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and adherence to policies & procedures
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an (internal) customer service focus
- Ability to act and work independently and as part of a team
- Is able to deliver results, solve problems and maximize performance while interacting with different in- and external stakeholders
- Motivated, optimistic and driven by improvements
- Structured, autonomous and self-starter
- Management experience (lead, direct, hire, fire, discipline, evaluate)
- Act as the leading expert for the site on all accounting, payroll matters
- Acts as a member of site leadership