Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Our client located in Boston, Ma is looking for a SR Accountant to join their team. This role is a 3+ month assignment with the potential to go Direct.
This position's primary responsibility is ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounting information in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and the firm’s accounting policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities include regulatory reporting, tax schedules and Partner payment schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and posts all journal entries to the firm’s integrated financial system and ensures accurate general ledger maintenance
- Prepares complicated monthly account reconciliations for firm accounts, including multi-currency reconciliations on cash and accrual basis of accounting.
- Ability to perform financial reporting to prepare and maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules on a monthly basis, adjust for new capital expenditures and/or retired assets.
- Understands researches and recommends changes to depreciation lives and methods based on evolving tax regulations.
- Perform the month-end and year-end financial system closing processes.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements and management reports.
- Assists in the preparation of schedules for all firm audits (US, UK, Germany, and HK), including financial and client accounts and the preparation of the audited full disclosure financial statements.
- Assists in the preparation and filing of several tax schedules, including the maintenance of state or country specific fixed asset schedules, allocation models and revenue recognition for market based tax reporting.
- Creates and maintains financial statement formats stored in the firm’s financial system.
- Prepares and maintains various partnership accounting schedules on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Maintain Partner draw and distribution schedules monthly and support the annual allocation process.
- Act as a mentor to other accountants to facilitate the recording of new and complicated accounting and tax transactions.
- Proactively recommend operational improvements to address emerging regulations globally
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency in spreadsheet software applications, and ability to train others in their use.
- Experience with International operations; including working within multiple book types and multiple currencies.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of related financial management experience in a professional service organization; law firm experience preferred
- Catheter Assembler in Marlborough MA
- Machine Operator II in Nashua NH
- Quality Technician in Littleton MA
- Branch Operations Manager in Memphis TN
- Customer Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Medical Lab Technologist - Medical Technologist in Norwood MA
- Rework Operator in Nashua NH
- Maintenance Mechanic in North Dighton MA
- International Trade Compliance in Ashland MA
- Sand & Deburr in Norcross GA
- Quality Inspector in Marlborough MA
- Assembly Process Manager in Beverly MA
- QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN in Beverly MA
- RF Design Engineer in Beverly MA
- Client Services Assistant in Oklahoma City OK
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Compressor Operation – General Assembly Line. in Flowery Branch GA
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- RMA Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Maintenance Assistant in Los Alamitos CA
- Wiring Technician in Norcross GA
- Lead Electrical Control Panel Technician - Final Testing in Plymouth MN
- Warehouse Associate in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist in Kennesaw GA
- Quality Engineer I in Cordova TN
- Marketing Respresentative in Acton MA
- Quality Engineer in Sturbridge MA
- Process Design Engineer in North Canton OH
- Forklift Driver in Memphis TN
- Stockroom Attendant 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- 1st Shift General Laborer in Gloucester City NJ
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift in Lincoln RI
- Account Payable Clerk in Vineland NJ
- Machine Operator in Millbury MA
- Quality Inspector-Auditor 2nd shift in Sturbridge MA
- Documentation Specialist in Sturbridge MA
- Quality Assurance Tester in Suwanee GA
- Principal Software Engineer in MA
- Second Shift Thin Film Tech in Millbury MA
- Shipping Associate in Duluth GA
- Shipper II in Waltham MA
- Wiring Technician in Duluth GA
- Videographer in Marlborough MA
- Design Assurance Engineer in San Antonio TX
- Shipping Clerk in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse - Receiver in Suwanee GA
- 3rd Shift Maintenance Mechanic in Manchester NH
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Technical Support - Level II in Moorestown NJ
- Technical Support - Level I in Moorestown NJ
- Expeditor in MA
- Wiring Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Executive Administrative Assistant in Gloucester City NJ
- Retainer Inspector in Los Alamitos CA
- Welder in Branford CT
- CNC Machinist-Shift Lead in Flowery Branch GA
- CNC Machinist-Programmer in Kennesaw GA
- Payroll Benefits Specialist in Memphis TN
- Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Forklift Operator in Buford GA
- Visual Inspector in Norwood MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Littleton MA
- Contract Talent Acquisition Specialist in Milford MA
- R&D Assistant in Lynn MA
- Manufacturing Engineer II in Sunrise FL
- Plant Electrician in Milford MA
- 2nd Shift Maintenance Technician in Duluth GA
- Receiving-Packaging in Memphis TN
- Buyer in Lynn MA
- Electrical Engineering Manager in Jacksonville FL
- Mechanical Engineering Manger in Jacksonville FL
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- Sr. Electrical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Soldering in Suwanee GA
- CNC Machine operator- 2nd shift in Central Manchester CT
- Product Specialist in Bridgeport NJ
- Sr. Business Systems Analyst in Memphis TN
- Business Systems Analyst in Memphis TN
- QC Inspector in Marlborough MA
- Quality Assurance Specialist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Asst, Lab I in Mobile AL
- Facilities Maintenance Tech in Flowery Branch GA
- 2nd Shift Mazak Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Procurement Specialist in Alpharetta GA
- Assemblers in Jefferson GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Warehouse Specialist in Memphis TN
- Field Service Technician in Memphis TN
- Material Planner in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector in Brooklyn Park MN
- Industrial Motor Assembly Technician in Suwanee GA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Industrial Engineering Manager in Gainesville GA
- Principal Software Engineer in MA
- Embedded Software Engineer in Watertown MA
- Mechanical Engineer in CA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- Patient Positioning Tech in Oklahoma City OK
- Assembly Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Solderer Technician in Alpharetta GA