Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Our client located in Boston, Ma is looking for a SR Accountant to join their team. This role is a 3+ month assignment with the potential to go Direct.
This position's primary responsibility is ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounting information in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and the firm’s accounting policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities include regulatory reporting, tax schedules and Partner payment schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and posts all journal entries to the firm’s integrated financial system and ensures accurate general ledger maintenance
- Prepares complicated monthly account reconciliations for firm accounts, including multi-currency reconciliations on cash and accrual basis of accounting.
- Ability to perform financial reporting to prepare and maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules on a monthly basis, adjust for new capital expenditures and/or retired assets.
- Understands researches and recommends changes to depreciation lives and methods based on evolving tax regulations.
- Perform the month-end and year-end financial system closing processes.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements and management reports.
- Assists in the preparation of schedules for all firm audits (US, UK, Germany, and HK), including financial and client accounts and the preparation of the audited full disclosure financial statements.
- Assists in the preparation and filing of several tax schedules, including the maintenance of state or country specific fixed asset schedules, allocation models and revenue recognition for market based tax reporting.
- Creates and maintains financial statement formats stored in the firm’s financial system.
- Prepares and maintains various partnership accounting schedules on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Maintain Partner draw and distribution schedules monthly and support the annual allocation process.
- Act as a mentor to other accountants to facilitate the recording of new and complicated accounting and tax transactions.
- Proactively recommend operational improvements to address emerging regulations globally
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency in spreadsheet software applications, and ability to train others in their use.
- Experience with International operations; including working within multiple book types and multiple currencies.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of related financial management experience in a professional service organization; law firm experience preferred