Senior Financial Analyst
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Our client in the Greater Boston Area is seeking a temporary Financial Analyst needed through the end of 2017 and will be an integral member of the Financial Planning & Analysis group. This individual should have extensive experience dealing with employee/compensation related work, strong technical skills (xls, access), and ability to multi-task.
Financial Analyst Job Responsibilities:
- Support monthly financial forecast and accrual and annual compensation processes, including, but not limited to corporate bonus pool, base salary budget, compensation reviews, reporting and analytics
- Partner closely with HR Platform & Analytics Team to ensure all compensation reports are completed timely with proper review and sign-off. Ensure all reporting requirements are clearly articulated and documented, and data is regularly reconciled and audited to ensure accuracy
- Support HC and Business Partners in delivering upon all aspects of our compensation programs
- Provide analytical support for the administration of compensation plans including STI, LTI, Unit Options, Profit Sharing
- Collaborate with Business Partners and HR teams to complete non-standard ad hoc compensation-related inquiries and analyses
- Provide support on all aspects of annual compensation processes which will include firm wide reporting on compensation and analytics, the creation of compensation statements and data validation for year end decision making
- Perform monthly analysis on travel and entertainment expense accounts for entire firm.
- Track and analyze information expense across organization.
- Deliver support in the monthly close process, including working with General Accounting to ensure an accurate financial close is completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare and distribute monthly cost center statements for financial review.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as needed to support operational and divisional objectives.
Financial Analyst Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting and 5-7 years of experience in financial analysis. MBA is preferred
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (e.g., Workday);
- Compensation experience desired but not essential (financial services and/or consulting experience preferred);
- Strong and well-rounded project management experience, time management skills, attention to detail and ability to multi task with often competing priorities;
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information and prudence when interacting with senior-level leaders;
- Able to deal with complex financial/compensation data;