Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Seeking an experienced Staff Accountant for an opening in the Ashland, MA area. This is a 2-year contract opportunity with possibility to move permanent for the right candidate. Drug and Background check required
The Staff Accountant will manage accounting activities, including the maintenance of the general ledger accounts and financial statements. Prepare, record, analyze and report accounting transactions, including cost accounting, general accounting, Conduct or assist in the documentation of cost and project accounting in addition to attending to financial reporting. Investigate and manage intercompany, holding company and fixed asset accounting.
- Performs a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards related to general accounting, general ledger, and projects, to ensure accuracy of the accounting entries.
- Compiles and maintains accounting statements, reports, general ledger accounts, cost revenue reports, balance sheets, and / or bank statement reconciliations in order to ensure smooth functioning of the processes.
- Monitors account entries and control activities to ensure accuracy of information.
- Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations based on financial data.
- Assists on projects, and internal and external audits to ensure quality of project and timely completion.
- Prepares basic financial analysis in order to ensure accuracy of financial reporting.
- Analyze overhead expenses by department and analyze variances between actual, budget, and forecast
- Complete and provide monthly departmental overhead spend files to management team
- Assist with Cost Accounting activities such as PPV, freight, and cap variance,
- Follows accounting policies and procedures and control processes to ensure work is as per standard defined.
- Bachelor's degree with focus accounting
- 3+ plus in general accounting experience required
- JDE or related ERP experience a plus
- FAS software experience a plus
- Previous experience working in a large multinational manufacturing environment a plus
- Detail oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet corporate deadlines