Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Premier client in the Cambridge area is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team on a temp to hire basis. The Staff Accountant will be assigned to a specific department and will provide direct support to the financial team. This is a great opportunity for a junior level candidate to gain great experience on a temp to hire basis. Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. $24-$25/hr DOE
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Perform financial management of general, fund, and research accounts for finance department
- Monitor account activity and expenditures for compliance with guidelines and approved budgets
- Reconcile account statements and salary expense reports in accordance with the financial review and control process
- Prepare monthly projections, review and approve invoices and process requisitions and review purchase order commitments
- Approve requests for payment, travel expense reports, and other accounting forms
- Assist with developing proposal budgets and preparing current and pending support
- Conduct quarterly review of F&A rates and monthly review of closing report
- Process account closeouts including compliance audit
- Overseeing and maintain all financial documentation and electronic files
- Additional accounting functions and projects as directed.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
- 1-3 years of financial or accounting experience
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and additional accounting and purchasing systems preferred; i.e., SAP, Oracle, Cognos, etc..
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail and excellent follow through; and strong accounting skills.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.