We are looking for an experienced Buyer to help our client in the Greater Lowell area on part time basis to start.
- Ensures compliance with all purchasing policies and procedures.
- Plans, schedules and places purchase orders with suppliers and ensures orders are executed to schedule.
- Support production plan development using MRP analysis; create and manage orders to meet plan.
- Train company personnel and ensure adherence to company Web-based e-Purchase Requisition System.
- Verifies purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy, turns requisitions into purchase orders and forwards to suppliers.
- Work with materials manager to reduce non-value added steps in purchasing process.
- Negotiates with current and potential suppliers regarding pricing and delivery.
- Works with distribution to resolve purchase order receiving issues and returns of material to suppliers.
- Works with finance to help resolve invoicing issues.
- Manages and monitors supplier delivery performance.
- Solicits competitive quotations and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions.
Experience and skills:
- 1-3 years with ERP or MRP experience. Experience with Expandable software system highly sought after.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a regulated industry such as FDA or ISO environment.
- Good organizational skills with high level of attention to details.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills