Seeking an Accounting Assistant to join a growing company in the Auburn, MA area. The accounting assistant will provide accounting support for any functions of the Accounting & Finance and Contract Administration departments. S/he will serve as a key backup to the payroll specialist role as well as provide support for billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and contract administration functions. Monday- Friday, 8am-5pm. $18-$20/hr DOE. Drug and background check required.
Accounting Assistant Responsibilities:
- Work within the areas of payroll, a/p, a/r, billing, collections and additional accounting functions.
- Assist with processing and reconciling timesheets and assist with weekly payroll 3-4 days per week
- Enter prevailing wage rates provided by Estimating department into payroll system and verify for accuracy.
- Assist with the accounts payable department with entering vouchers into accounts payable system.
- Apply quality control procedures with weekly checks issued by accounts payable department.
- Assist with A/R duties and collections calls
- Research and compile work orders, material reports, vendor invoices, timesheets and all related cost documentation required to prepare billing on all jobs.
- Perform miscellaneous other duties and special projects as needed
Accounting Assistant Requirements:
- High School diploma required, Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent including courses in business administration and/or accounting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software applications and automated payroll systems preferred.
- Possess problem solving skills
- Ability to handle changing priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Experience working within construction industry is a plus
- Quick and accurate data entry abilities
- Professional, able to maintain confidentiality of financial information.
- Strong communication, customer service and organization skills.