Perform data entry and customer service related tasks in a fast-paced environment in support of clinical testing performed in Oxford Diagnostic Laboratories.
- Enters sample collection information and patient demographic information into the Orchard Harvest LIS.
- Participates in the verification of data entry accuracy by checking each requisition against data entered in Orchard Harvest LIS and logs and corrects errors found.
- Scans laboratory requisitions into the Orchard Harvest LIS and assures completeness of scanning process.
- Files requisitions by date entered for proper storage.
- May assist in organizing requisitions for storage and overseeing rotation of records for shredding.
- Contributes to the oversight of database changes in the Harvest LIS in support of new providers and locations
- Ensures completion of all daily work in the data entry process, included quality control checks.
- Keeps work area neat and organized.
- Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area.
- Regular attendance and timeliness are essential.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience as a Medical Transcriptionist is strongly preferred.
- One year previous work experience in customer service and data entry functions.
- Strong attention to detail and focus required.
- Documented typing speed of at least 50 wpm with extraordinary accuracy.
- Work requires the analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources.
- Ability to discern alpha numeric data accurately and identify when there are discrepancies.
- Desire to investigate problems and thrives on finding solutions.
- Work requires familiarity with computers; specifically use of Microsoft™ Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures without deviation.
- Positive team oriented attitude and flexibility.
- Ability to work Tuesday through Saturday 7am to 3:30pm and overtime when needed.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while meeting specific production based goals.