Our client located in Newton, Ma is looking for a logistics Coordinator to join their team.
Responsible for completing and maintaining required documentation for product imports and exports, arrange for and provide instructions and documents needed for transportation of product, and coordinates warehouse storage.Responsibilities
- Completes and maintains documentation for products imported and exported; communicates with importer, sales, customs house broker, and distribution warehouse to assure proper and timely delivery of goods.
- Works with brokers, transport and warehouse to coordinate and monitor arrivals/shipments of product to customers, plants and/or warehouse.
- Reviews international freight invoices for accuracy and assigns coding to insure costs are charged appropriately. Complete export declarations when applicable.
- Ensure proper trade compliance practices are realized and followed. Supporting internal departments with special requests and questions as it relates to customs and trade activities.
- Complies with established policies and procedures for maintaining records for imports, exports, domestic shipments, customs entries, and liquidation activity.
- Maintain work area in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
- Coordinates daily shipping activities which includes daily order processing, insure proper packaging is used, creating shipping documentation and entering data into our ERP system.
- Associates Degree in Business or equivalent preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in traffic and importing/exporting
- Fluent English
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to work independently
- Project Management skills a plus
- Knowledge of U.S. import/export regulatory compliance. Including Harmonized Codes and Tariffs, Custom brokers and Dangerous goods shipping and handling.
- Competencies: Results orientation, Customer orientation, Taking initiative, Effective communication, Teamwork and cooperation, Relationship building, Integrity & Trust