Front Office Admin
Front Office Admin
Our client is seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Front Office area for a short-term contract. We are looking for a highly organized & personable individual to fill this vacancy.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department; use paging system when necessary. Update corporate phone lists.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable; retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Operates petty cash function for Company employees; reviews petty cash voucher for appropriate signatures and approval; dispenses cash; reconciles petty cash account.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel; monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
- Coordinates vending services for Company lunch rooms; reports problems to appropriate individuals; issues refunds to employees as needed.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications; stamp and post outgoing mail; maintain mail supplies and ensure postage meter is up to date; return unwanted bulk mail.
- Maintains fax machine, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Order office supplies, business cards and wall name plates for the business.
- Manage birthday card and movie tickets for employees.
- Create and distribute employee anniversary cards.
- Order and send flowers to employees when appropriate.
- Update SalesLogix customer database; fulfill literature requests; distribute Export leads to appropriate office/distributor; proof read all technical papers.
- Primary point of contact in case of emergencies and evacuations; must be familiar with building evacuation procedures.
- Coordinate customer training course events, including onsite and remote training venues, provide information to customers calling for registration help, set up courses on the training software system, make up manuals, name badges, survey forms and certificates of completion.
- Knowledge normally acquired through completion of a one (1) year certificate from college or technical school; or 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-3 years of administrative support experience
- Able to multi-task & possesses sound organizational skills
- Professional mannerism & ability to interact with customers
- Accountability to complete tasks by specific deadlines
- Must be reliable & have stable transportation to and from work daily
- Event planning experience a plus